Several students apply for the CLAT exam each year. However, only the well-informed and well-prepared ones get through the process and secure a seat in the desired Law school. This article will provide you with all the important details about the CLAT 2024 exam.
CLAT Exam: Important Details
|Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2024)|
|Exam Type||National-level entrance exam|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of National Law Universities|
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Based Test (Offline)|
|Exam Level||Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG)|
|Courses Offered||5-year Integrated LLB, LLM, and other law programs|
|Participating NLUs||22 National Law Universities|
|CLAT UG Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent with minimum qualifying marks|
|CLAT PG Eligibility||LLB or equivalent degree with minimum qualifying marks|
|Exam Sections||UG: English, General Knowledge, Quantitative Technique, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning PG: Constitutional Law, Other Law Subjects|
|Total Marks||UG: 150 marks PG: 120 marks|
|Exam Duration||UG: 2 hours PG: 2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||UG: 1 mark for correct answer 0.25 negative marking for incorrect answer PG: 1 mark for correct answer 0.25 negative marking for incorrect answer|
|Application Fee||Rs. 4000 for General/OBC/PwD/NRI candidates, Rs. 3500 for SC/ST candidates|
CLAT 2024 Exam: Timeline
Aspiring law students must know the CLAT timeline that includes crucial events, from application submission to seat allotment. Understanding this timeline is vital for effectively planning and strategizing one’s CLAT preparation.
|CLAT 2024 Registration Begins||August 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Registration Last Date||October/November 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Admit Card Release||November 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Exam Date||3, December 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Counseling Process||January 2024|
CLAT 2024 Participating Institutions
The CLAT admission process encircles all the CLAT participating NLUs and other affiliated institutions. Here is a list of CLAT 2024 participating institutions.
- National Law School of India University
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- Chanakya National Law University
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies
- National Law University, Cuttack, Odisha
- National University of Study & Research in Law
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- Dr B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Rai
- Asian Law College
- Nirma University Institute of Law
- UPES College for Legal Studies, Dehradun
- IFIM Law College, Bangalore
- SRM University, Tamil Nadu
- N.A Global Law School
- Galgotias University, Bangalore
- The Northcap University, Gurgaon
- MS Ramaiah College for Law, Bangalore
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
- ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
- KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar
- Amity Law School, Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- IMS Law College, Noida
- School of Law, GITAM University, Vishakhapatnam
- KLE Society’s Law College, Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
- SRM University Delhi-NCR Sonepat
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
- ITM University, Gurgaon
- IAMR Law College, Ghaziabad
- Raffles University, Rajasthan
- SGT University, Gurgaon
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
- JECRC University, Jaipur
- Alliance School of Law, Bangalore
- Disha Law College, Raipur
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Jagannath University, Jaipur
- Azim Premji University, Bengaluru
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Maharaja Surajmal Brij University, Bharatpur
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmadabad.
- Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore.
CLAT Exam: Marks Distribution
|S.No.||Subjects||Questions(approx.)||CLAT UG total marks||Weightage|
|1||English including Comprehension||28-32 Questions||28-32 Marks||20%|
|2||Legal Reasoning||35-39 Questions||35-39 Marks||25%|
|3||General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35-39 Questions||32-35 Marks||25%|
|4||Quantitative Techniques||13-17 Questions||13-17 Marks||10%|
|5||Logical Reasoning||28-32 Questions||28-32 Marks||20%|
|TOTAL||150 Questions||150 Marks||100%|
CLAT Exam Pattern: Postgraduate
|S.No.||Subjects||Questions(approx.)||CLAT PG total marks||Weightage|
|Constitutional Law||60 Questions||60 Marks||50%|
|Other Laws such as Jurisprudence, Criminal Law, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Property Law, Family Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Environmental Law, Tax Law, and Labour & Industrial Law||60 Questions||60 Marks||50%|
|TOTAL||120 Questions||120 Marks||100%|
Tips to crack the CLAT exam
- Understand the exam format and syllabus completely.
- Make a study schedule that is both reasonable and organised.
- Practise sample examinations and question papers from past years.
- Concentrate on regular revision and strengthening weak points.
- Stay updated with legal and current affairs.
- Seek guidance from mentors or join coaching classes if needed.
- Develop time management skills for effective exam strategy.
- Opt for a healthy lifestyle and manage stress properly.
- Stay motivated, positive, and believe in your abilities.
- Practice, practice, practice! Consistent practice is key to success.
Remember, everyone’s preparation strategy may differ, so customize these tips based on your strengths, weaknesses, and learning style. Practice consistently, stay focused, and maintain a disciplined approach to maximize your chances of success in the CLAT 2024 exam. Good luck!