QuickBooks is one of the most reliable accounting software available today. It offers a wide range of features that can make your bookkeeping experience more efficient and manageable. However, there are times when users might encounter errors while using the software, and one such error is QuickBooks Error PS036. This error typically occurs when users try to update or verify their payroll subscription. In this article, we will discuss the reasons, signs, and troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error PS036.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error PS036 The following are the most common reasons that cause QuickBooks Error PS036:
- An outdated payroll subscription
- Damaged company file
- Incorrect billing information
- Incorrect EIN or service key
Related Article: QuickBooks Error 6147
Signs of QuickBooks Error PS036 Here are the signs that indicate that you might be facing QuickBooks Error PS036:
- Payroll update fails: One of the most common signs of QuickBooks Error PS036 is that the payroll update fails. This means that you will not be able to update your payroll features, such as tax tables, forms, or e-file services.
- Error message: Another sign that you might be facing QuickBooks Error PS036 is that you will receive an error message on your screen. The error message usually reads “QuickBooks Error PS036: There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription.”
- Payroll subscription inactive: If your payroll subscription is inactive, it could also be a sign of QuickBooks Error PS036. This means that you will not be able to use payroll features until the subscription is activated again.
- Outdated software: If your QuickBooks software is outdated, it can also lead to QuickBooks Error PS036. This is because outdated software can prevent the payroll updates from installing correctly.
- Invalid EIN: Another common cause of QuickBooks Error PS036 is an invalid Employer Identification Number (EIN). This can happen if the EIN is entered incorrectly or has changed since it was last entered in QuickBooks.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is likely that you are facing QuickBooks Error PS036 and should take steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Prior Things to Check Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error PS036 Before troubleshooting QuickBooks Error PS036, make sure to perform the following checks:
- Check QuickBooks Payroll Subscription: Ensure that your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription is active and up-to-date. If your subscription has expired, renew it to avoid any issues with payroll updates.
- Verify Payroll Service Key: Make sure that the Payroll Service Key is correct and up-to-date. You can check the Service Key by going to the Employees menu and selecting the My Payroll Service option.
- Internet Connectivity: Ensure that your system is connected to the internet and there is no interruption in the connectivity. A poor internet connection can also cause QuickBooks Error PS036.
- Check for Damaged Company Files: Check for any damaged company files by running the QuickBooks File Doctor. It will diagnose and repair any damaged files that may be causing the error.
- Check Payroll Settings: Verify that the payroll settings in QuickBooks are correct and up-to-date. Go to the Edit menu, select Preferences, and then choose Payroll & Employees. Ensure that the information is correct.
By performing these checks, you can eliminate any potential causes of QuickBooks Error PS036 and streamline the troubleshooting process.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error PS036 Here are the troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix QuickBooks Error PS036:
Step 1: Verify the Billing Information
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu.
- Select My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Information.
- Ensure that your billing information is correct and update it if necessary.
Step 2: Check the Service Key and EIN
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu.
- Select My Payroll Service and then Manage Service Key.
- Check if the service key is correct, and if not, then update it.
- Select Edit and verify that your EIN is correct.
Step 3: Repair QuickBooks Installation
- Close QuickBooks and go to the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and locate QuickBooks.
- Select Uninstall/Change, and then Repair.
- Follow the instructions to complete the repair process.
Step 4: Verify the Company File
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Select Utilities and then Verify Data.
- If any issues are found, select Rebuild Data.
Step 5: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks
- Uninstall QuickBooks using the Control Panel.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
Note: Make sure to create a backup of your company file before performing a clean install.
Q: How do I know if my QuickBooks subscription is active?
A: Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu. Select My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Information. Your subscription status will be displayed.
Q: What if the troubleshooting steps do not fix QuickBooks Error PS036?
A: If the troubleshooting steps do not fix the error, contact QuickBooks Data Services at +1-888-704-1357 for expert support.
QuickBooks Error PS036 can be frustrating and can interrupt your payroll management process. However, by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, you can fix the error and ensure that your payroll subscription is up to date. If you need any further assistance, feel free