After you replace the modem in the home network it is essential that you set up the existing Rockspace AX1800 router again. This is because it is still running on the previous settings and now that the modem is replaced, you have to reconfigure it with the new modem. In this article, we will tell you about how you can reconfigure the Rockspace router with the new modem. You need to access the Rockspace AX1800 router setup page, thus keep the login details handy.
Setup Rockspace AX1800 Rotuer with New Modem
Step1: Reset the Rockspace Router
The first step that you got to follow is to reset your router and restore the factory settings on it. When you reset it, the current settings get erased from it. This is an important step that many users forget to apply and then they complain about not being able to set up their Rockspace routers. Therefore reset the router right away. Here is the process that you need to follow to do this:
- Connect the router to an active wall socket.
- Turn it on.
- When it boots up fully, push the Reset button located on it.
That’s it! The Rockspace router is now reset to the default factory settings. You can now go ahead and set it up with the new modem. Here are the complete details aboout to relovs the issue,
Step 2: Set Up Rockspace Router with Modem
- Ensure that both devices, the router as well as the modem are powered up and are receiving a non-fluctuating power supply.
- Locate the WPS button on the router now and push it gently.
- Likewise, push the WPS button on the modem also.
This completes setting up the Rockspace router with the new router. In case you fail to execute the setup process using the WPS button, you can also put to use another method which involves logging in using the login web address.
Rockspace Router Setup via Web Browser
Here are the instructions that you can follow to complete the setup process of the Rockspace router with the new modem using the web browser method or the manual method:
- Bring both the Rocksapce router and the modem to the same room.
- Connect them to the power sockets and turn them on.
- Make a solid connection between then using an Ethernet cable now.
- Power up your computer or laptop now and launch an updated web browser on it.
- In the address bar, you need to type the login web address to go further.
- When you press the Enter key after entering the web address, you will reach the login page of the router.
- Input the admin login details and do the login.
- When you reach the Rockspace router setup page after logging in, you just need to execute the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the setup process.
The Closing Note
This is how you can set up the Rockspace AX1800 router with the new modem. rockspace ax1800 router setup. It is recommended that you update the Rockspace router firmware to the latest version by accessing the admin dashboard via re.rockspace.local. This completes setting up the Rockspace router with the new router. In case you fail to execute the setup process using the WPS button, you can also put to use another method which involves logging in using the login web address. In case you experience re.rockspace.local not working issue, you can use the default IP address of the Rockspace wireless range extender. Once the firmware is updated, the performance of the Rockspace router will be enhanced.
Read more- Update Rockspace WiFi Extender?